About Me

My photo
U of M Dearborn COMP 106 student.

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Desktop Screen




Just as every person my age, I am addicted to Facebook. It is almost always open when I am on my laptop. If you consider Facebook comments and notes as "digital composing," then I am always composing! However, I think this print screen shows a nice balance between school and socializing... (the justifying words of a Facebook addict!)When I took this print screen I also had the Ctools page, the main page for The Washington Post, as well as a word document for my POL 101 class open. Taking a screen shot allowed me a unique perspective into how I make use of technology. I mainly use my computer for communication and schoolwork. Not only am I able to communicate with others via Facebook, but I can also be informed of current events throught The Washington Post website and others like it.
So which is better- digital composing or doing it "the old fashioned" way?
I prefer digital composing because it allows me to have the internet open for quick references and sources when I need it for my homework. I can right click on a word when typing in Microsoft Word for its synonyms. I can refer to an article quickly while writing an essay. I can use search engines, spell check, and word count. For these reasons, as well as countless others, digital composing is vastly different. The only way to truly discover it's ease is to do it on your own and let technology dazzle you with it's extreme convenience.


No comments:

Post a Comment