About Me

My photo
U of M Dearborn COMP 106 student.

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Revision Reflection

It is impossible to perfect any piece of writing. This is even more impossible with limited time and proof-readers. After reading the whopping five comments left on my final draft, I went back to reread my essay very carefully. Then, I went back and did it again checking for any mistakes I missed the first time. It was easy to pick out most of the grammatical errors, and hopefully, but rather unlikely, I got them all. I also tried to read it from someone else's point of view. That is easier said than done. A major critique in my comments was about odd sentences. Having read other awkward sentences and knowing their frustration, I tried my very best to pick these out and adjust them. However, knowing the flow and meter in which to read these sentences myself, they all made sense in my mind! So, this is where the reading as someone else came in. The fixing of confusing sentences is essential because such sentences can take away from the flow, message, and impact of the essay. I was able to find a few sentences and awkward phrases to fix. Hopefully, the end result will be simple to comprehend and flow smoothly!

No comments:

Post a Comment